The Publications Division of the American Chemical Society provides the worldwide scientific community with a comprehensive collection of the most-cited, peer-reviewed journals in the chemical and related sciences. As reported in 2008 Journal Citation Reports� by Thomson Reuters, the peer-reviewed journals of the American Chemical Society rank #1 in citations or ISI Impact Factor in the seven core chemistry categories as well as eight additional categories ranging from Agriculture and Crystallography to Polymer Science and Nanoscience & Nanotechnology. It provides features like Daily or weekly e-mail alerts when individual articles (Articles ASAPSM) from the selected journal(s) of your choice, are released on the web.
Through the consortium ACS is giving access to 38 current full-text e-journals including the ACS Legacy Archives having backfiles of all the journals from vol.1 issue.1
The American Institute of Physics (AIP) is a non-profit corporation chartered in 1931 to advance and diffuse the knowledge of physics and its application to human welfare. An umbrella organization for 10 Member Societies, AIP represents more than 134,000 scientists, engineers and educators and is one of the world's largest publishers of physics journals.AIP's prestigious core journals (journals.aip.org) - many of which are among the most highly cited in their field - form the core of physics literature in libraries worldwide. With their high technical and editorial standards, these publications attract the most vital and current research papers from the world's leading authorities in fields ranging from chemistry, mathematics, fluid dynamics, and more. AIP's online platform(Scitation) hosts more than 1,000,000 articles from more than 170 scholarly publications for 25 learned society publishers, in fields including physics, chemistry, geoscience, engineering, acoustics, and more.
The members of the consortium have access to 18 Full text journals (10 AIP and 8 from AIP's member societies) with Archival access from 1997 onwards for most of the journals.
The American Physical Society was founded on May 20, 1899, when 36 physicists gathered at Columbia University for that purpose. . In 1913, the APS took over the operation of the Physical Review, which had been founded in 1893 at Cornell, and journal publication became its second major activity. Physical Review was followed by Reviews of Modern Physics in 1929, and by Physical Review Letters in 1958. Over the years, Physical Review has subdivided into five separate sections as the fields of physics have proliferated and the number of submissions grew.
Through the consortium access of 8 Full text journals is available from 1997 onwards. Also the PROLA (Physical Review Online Archive) search engine (which indexes all APS journal material published from 1893 to present) is now freely available to all users.